How To Choose Good Topics To Write An Argumentative Essay On
The first thing you want to do as soon as you get your assignment for your argumentative essay, you need to pick a good topic. You have to consider multiple topics that have two conflicting points or ones that have two different conclusions. Having a strong interest in the topic is good but it is not required, through research you should be able to find a good topic. When you are doing your research, you should make list of both sides of the argument, after you have this list then you should be able to pick a side that you are on.
Remember that your argument has to be written without emotion and has to be on fact. This means your topic should be something that you don't have a personal connection with or your essay will lack the proof you need to support your point of view. Here are some tips you can use for your essay, don't use emotional language, learn the difference between an emotional point of view and a logical one, don't use information that you made up to support your claim, cite your work, use an outline, and make sure you are prepared to defend your argument if you are challenged.
Good Argumentative Topics
- Why are Americans more prone to obese than other countries?
- Are Vegetarian diets healthier than a normal diet?
- Is sugar really bad for your health?
- What can we do to ensure that everyone around the world has access to clean drinking water?
- Hunting, is it a good thing or a bad thing to control animal population?
- Is recycling really worth it or does it make a difference on the environment?
- Should at least on parent stay home with their kids?
- How can you tell if you are in an abusive relationship and why do people stay in these kinds of relationships?
- Which is better, reading a book on a screen or reading a physical book? What is the difference between the two?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the genetics that their kids inherent?
- Does cell phone really cause cancer or is this a myth?
- Is it better to be an only child or to have multiple siblings?
These topics should get you started on your argumentative essay. You can also find more topics online for various subjects. Just make sure you pick on that has two compelling sides of the argument, so your essay will be interesting.