How to Create a Good MLA Style Term Paper
As a student you have a lot going on in your world. You have a hard math classes, lots of test coming up, and you have to make time for friends. With so much to do a so little time this guide seeks to aid you on formatting a paper MLA Style.
The Different Sections of Your MLA Style Term Paper
Your MLA style term paper should include an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- The introduction-The introduction commands the reader's attention and provides a brief outline of what is to come. The introduction should have a hook, and include the thesis statement for which the paper will be based.
- The Body- This is where you will present information to the reader that is relevant to your stance, stated in the thesis. Research and theories should be included in the body, to back up your theory.
- The conclusion signifies the end and gives you an opportunity to remind the reader what the paper is about, and key points related to your argument.
Important Notes on Formatting your Paper
MLA is a basic format, widely used in college settings. It is one of the easiest to learn, and the one you will become familiar with first. At any rate there are some basic formatting rules that you should follow when using MLA style formatting.
- The Document- Your document should be double spaced, with one inch margins, 12-point font. There should be no extra spaces between paragraphs.
- Your document should always include a header. The header should include your name and page. number, and should always be located in the upper right corner of each page in your document.
- The title should be informative in nature
- When dealing with MLA style you must know how to properly cite your work. When doing in-text citations do not place a comma between the author and page number. If you are using in line quotes, place the comma outside of them.
- When you create your works cited list be sure to list the works alphabetically by author.
With all this information, you should be able to create a MLA formatted paper. If you want to delve deeper into the subject matter you should be warned that your computer may have an option to format using the MLA style automatically. If you are someone who has trouble formatting alone, this tool will be useful to you.